While it’s easy to assume that “grooming” simply refers to beautifying your pet, Tails-A-Waggin believes that grooming is also a critical component to your pet’s optimal, overall health.
Why is grooming important to your pet’s overall health?
Not only will regular grooming make your pet look nice, but he/she will be happier and healthier too because grooming:
- Allows our groomer to check your pet for abnormalities that may signify a problem and bring it to the immediate attention of our veterinarian.
- Improves your pet’s skin and coat; routine brushing and bathing removes dead skin and keeps coats shiny while stimulating the production of natural skin oils.
- Reduces your pet’s shedding and/or dandruff.
- Controls fleas and ticks.
- Allows our groomer to trim your pet’s nails, which reduces potential paw pad issues.
- Keeps your pet’s ears clean, which decreases the risk of infections and/or mites.
Tails-A-Waggin also offers a variety of grooming services that are designed to target specific issues, such as abnormal skin/coat odor, and irritated, itchy skin/coat, among others.